Pages

Friday, July 25, 2008

Heat and Humidity - not a friend of Paper Mache


Well I thought I'd be finished with the three hot air balloons I started two weeks ago and I would have, if it weren't for the weather we've been having in New York. And it doesn't help that I don't have central air conditioning in my home. When I make my balloons, I sometimes use a fan in a window to speed up the drying process. Big mistake this time. Not only did the balloons not dry faster but the heat and humidity also caused them to cave in. Anyway, after a little tweaking and much more time spent, I'm at least back on track but way off schedule. I get so frustrated when I have a jumble of creative ideas in my head but clouds get in the way (literally and figuratively).

Here's a picture of my current work in progress. I hope to be finished in about a week or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment!