Pages

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Toy Story Replicas

Apparently, there are tons of Toy Story toy replica fans out there.  These die hard fans scan the internet and globe looking for the next toy to complete their collection.  Some have completed an entire inventory to match exactly what was either in Andy's room, Sunnyside Daycare or in Bonnie's room. These collections are really impressive and include some very creative handmade one-of-a-kind replicas.

Recently, I've been contacted by different Toy Story fans to recreate several pieces from the movies.  The first one was the clown Jack-in-the-box from the 3rd movie (read my original post here) and the next was the Green Hand Jack-in-the-box from the 1st movie that was in Sid's bedroom.




I usually tend to stay away from "creepy" art but I was willing to put aside my conventions and was eager to be put up to the challenge.  It was unlike anything I made before but I did my best and I thought it came out pretty good.






The next Toy Story replica project I just completed is Bo Peep.  Here is a work-in-progress photo of her and her three headed sheep.

I made two sets of sheep because the first one (behind her) ended up being too small.  The smaller set of sheep will be completed with another Bo Peep if anyone is interested (I will also make the lamp to go with her).  Photos of my completed Toy Story Bo Peep replica will be in another post.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness, your artistic talent is amazing!! I love it all!! Must browse your page a little longer, but first I wanted to thank you for joining in the Snow in July party. :) I've added you to our sidebar and cannot wait to see what whites you'll come up with.
    Awh, just spotted my button. :) Thank you, love. I don't see a google reader to follow you, but I've added you to my sidebar blogroll to not miss a thing.
    MUAH!
    Marcia

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment!