Pages

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Art Doll ~ Lesia

So many things inspire my art work; films, paintings, books, clothing and lately even children's cartoons (probably because that's all I get a chance to watch nowadays).  But my mind goes crazy with ideas when I walk into the clothing and home accessory store, Anthropologie.  Their website description is right on point with how I feel when I visit their stores, "Anthropologie offers a one-of-a-kind and compelling shopping experience that makes women feel beautiful, hopeful and connected."  Getting their catalog mailed to my home is a nice "quick fixe" for when I can't make it to the mall.  One photo in the catalog struck my attention in particular.  Here is the photo and the doll it inspired me to make.  I named her, "Lesia".


Lesia stands 12 1/4" high in a long teal dress with lime accents, a pair of summery espadrilles, and a colorful scarf decorates her beautiful dark brown hair twists.  She comes to you with a cherry wood box in which she holds her five gold bracelets.  







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment!