Pages

Sunday, March 14, 2010

Mermaid Castle Lamp

~



About a year ago I made a trip to California to visit family and for some sightseeing fun. While there, I prescheduled to take an art workshop at Castle in the Air. The instructor, John McRae is an exceptionally creative artist who continues to offer some of the best classes I've ever seen.


In the workshop I took, we created beautiful Mermaid Castle Lamps. This class was an exciting experience and I came away with this very special piece of art. The castle measures 16"h x 11"w and it's being offered for sale on my Etsy site at wwwmannmnet.etsy.com. (There is a similar one listed for sale on the store's website made by the instructor. It is substantially larger and both are soooo pretty in person). The light of the lamp shines through two windows of the castle.

The Mermaid Castle Lamp is also my Paper Mache Artisans Etsy Team 6th Webshow Challenge submission. Twenty five percent of the proceeds from this sale will be donated to the Red Cross relief effort for Haiti if purchased within the 2010 year.

1 comment:

Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment!