Pages

Saturday, May 23, 2009

Masquerade Jack in the Box

~


Here is my submission for the 3rd Paper Mache Artisans (PMA)Web Challenge. It is similar to one I made before except this is my first JITB where the "jack" is removable.

A paper mache Monkey JITB inspired by the one found in Phantom of the Opera. The box has a wind-up musical movement that plays, Masquerade. The box closed measures 7 1/2"h x 5 3/4w. The removable monkey is 10 1/2" tall and holds real mini cymbals. Box coated with a light layer of beeswax. Go to my Etsy to purchase www.wwwmannmnet.etsy.com


Phantom of the Opera script:
Ladies and gentlemen,
A paper-mache musical box
in the shape of a barrel organ.
Attachedd, the figure of a monkey
in Persian robes, playing the cymbals.
This item, discovered in the vaults of the theatre,
still in working order, ladies and gentlemen.
Showing here.
May I commence at fifteen francs?
Fifteen, thank you.
Yes, twenty from you, sir, thank you very much.
Madame Giry, twenty-five, thank you, Madame
Twenty-five I am bid.
Do I hear thirty?
Thirty. And thirty-five?
Selling at thirty francs, then.
Thirty once, thirty twice.
Sold, for thirty francs to the Vicomte de Chagny.
Thank you sir.
A collector's piece indeed...
every detail exactly as she said...
Will you still play, when all the rest of us are dead...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment!