Pages

Monday, January 26, 2009

I Don't Want to Live on the Moon

~
One of my favorite memories of Sesame Street was when they played Ernie's "I don't want to live on the moon" song; the best version is with Aaron Neville. It's a bitter sweet song that reminds us that there's no place like home with our loved ones. To pass on the memory of Ernie's song to my Delilah, I created a painting with four storytelling scenes. I cast my beloved Buster as the main character. I hope Delilah grows to appreciate the painting and its meaning in the years to come.


I Don't Want to Live on the Moon - Sung by Ernie and Aaron Neville
Oh, I'd like to visit the moon
in a rocketship high in the air.
Yes, I'd like to visit the moon,
but I don't think I'd like to live there.
Though I'd like to look down at the earth from above,
I would miss all the places and people I love.
So although I may like it for one afternoon,
I don't want to live on the moon.
I'd like to travel under the sea.
I could meet all the fish everywhere.
Yes, I'd travel under the sea,
but I don't think I'd like to live there.
I might stay for a day there if I had my wish.
But there's not much to do when you're friends are all fish.
And an oyster and clam aren't real family, so I don't want to live in the sea.
I'd like to visit the jungle, hear the lions roar.
Go back in time and meet a dinosaur.
There's so many strange places I'd like to be.
But none of them permanantly.
So if I should visit the moon,
well I'll dance on a moonbeam and then
I will make a wish on a star
and wish I were home once again.
Though I'd like to look down at the earth from above,
I would miss all the faces of the people I love.
So although I may go I'll be coming home soon.
'Cause I don't want to live on the moon.
No I don't want to live on the moon.




Delilah (Miss Piggy) and Kermit

1 comment:

Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment!