Pages

Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Hot Air Balloon Ride and new HAB

I finally flew in a hot air balloon! 





It was at the Warren County Farmers Fair in New Jersey; about 1 hour and 15 minutes away from NYC.  The tethered balloon ride was $10 per person for a couple of minutes....just long enough to enjoy the experience before you start flipping out because you suddenly realize you're scared of being in a hot air balloon.  

For those of you who have never ridden in a HAB before, standing in the basket was surprisingly very stable but the spurts of fire that are released right above your head are loud and hot.  We had to wait 2 hours from the scheduled flight time to wait for the winds to die down.  I thought it was a pretty calm day but it appears there has to be practically NO wind at all.  Even though the balloon was tethered to the ground, it was a great experience and besides, I'm not sure I'm brave enough to go for a real ride.  
The tethered rides were run by a friendly family owned company called Skylands Ballooning.

And new to my Etsy Shop is the Millennium Vintage Hot Air Balloon.  (Similar to the Millennial Hot Air Balloon I made in June).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment!