Pages

Thursday, January 24, 2013

Isabelle de Borchgrave in the USA

I was just going through my blog entries and realized that I never did share with you my visit to the Hillwood Estate Museum.  I really wanted to give everyone (especially those on the East Coast) the heads up that Isabelle de Borchgrave's amazing paper dresses were there on display!  The exhibit has sadly ended by now so I'm totally sorry for this late post.

Isabelle's work is really amazing in person and there were dozens of outfits to look at.  The Hillwood Estate Museum was an awesome sight in it's own right, but it took me over two hours just to examine all the art Isabelle had on display.  Here are a few pictures of my favorites.










You can still see information about the exhibit on Isabelle de Borchrave's website and the books featuring her work have excellent pictures with close up views on the details of the papers.

The museum also had a couple of pieces that once belonged to Marie Antoinette herself!  Here is a gilt wood and leather swivel chair would have facilitated the powdering of her royal hair.




3 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting about this exhibit. I'd planned to go, but you know how it is sometimes... never got there. I enjoyed seeing your photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uh oh. You got some 'splaining to do! I would have loved to see this exhibit! Great pics. Thanks for sharing. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, these are so gorgeous! Thank you for posting these photos. I'll be back again and again to look at them, specially the 18th century dresses.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment!